Atop a lonely tower

Here be the Forum Games board, dredged up from the murky depths of Beyond...

Atop a lonely tower

Postby Gereon » 23 Apr 2014, 13:06

(This is a variation of the A Doomed Pilgrim game I have played with you earlier.)

Deep within Ruritania, in a pristine mountain range where there are no roads and no villages, a castle looms over the trees. It is a place of mystery, of magic, and of potential. Its secrets are many and they are as wondrous as they are terrible. Its dangers are of the heart and soul.

My true form has been lost to memory and time. The tallest tower is my domain and from here I watch as poor unfortunates stumble near, their need so great that their hearts act as a needle in a compass pointing to the castle. I bend my will to sending them onward – I’ve no need for company or pleas; I am not alone. After all, I have you, my online friends. You play my ravens. You are my eyes and ears, my hands and my magic. You are wonder made flesh.

Today, we have new visitors: a pair of children. Their eyes glint with fear and determination. Something about them seems familiar – it calls to me. I will allow them to enter the castle and find what it is that draws my interest. You, my ravens, will help me.

The rules:
  1. I do not leave my tower so rely upon my ravens for information. When I ask a
    question, please answer it. Usually, but not always, I’ll say anyone can answer.
  2. You are not the bestial ravens which live in the rest of the world – you belong to the castle, and the castle is made of potential. If you do know the answer to a question, tell me. If you don’t know the answer to a question, make it up.
  3. We do not know what dangers might reveal themselves and time is precious. Keep your answers short.
  4. The castle fights back against disruptions. If your answer is disruptive, I’m allowed to delete it.
  5. The swiftest raven will always have my ear and the first answer given to a question will be accepted as reality. Sometimes, other answers might also be accepted.
  6. Please be wary of your own cacophony. Each raven should not post more than one comment after each question I ask.
  7. More ravens may come to my aid or merely watch. If you follow the thread, please post the phrase, “Dark eyes glint from above.”
I’ll make the first post.
Mo:X/Tu:L5R/We:X/Th:Μυθος/Fr:Scion/Sa:_/Su:X, _

Το πρόβλημα με τα εισαγωγικά στο διαδίκτυο είναι ότι ποτέ δεν μπορεί να ξέρει αν είναι γνήσια. – Plato
Gereon
Deposed Leader
Deposed Leader

Gereon

Re: Atop a lonely tower

Postby Gereon » 23 Apr 2014, 13:16

The older girl has a very serious look on her face, putting small step after small step on the path in a straight line approaching the gate, firmly holding the hand of the younger boy, who nonetheless prances on her side merrily. The girl wears a variety of brown linen, while he is dressed in bright green clothes and has dark green felted hat with a long feather on his head. Somehow seeing the hat on his head fills me with anger.

Before I can puzzle out why I feel this way, something startles the children. What is it?

Anyone should answer.

Το πρόβλημα με τα εισαγωγικά στο διαδίκτυο είναι ότι ποτέ δεν μπορεί να ξέρει αν είναι γνήσια. – Plato
Gereon
Deposed Leader
Deposed Leader

Gereon

Postby HSAR » 29 Apr 2014, 16:40

The wrought iron gargoyles above the gates often cast baroque shadows when the sun is low in the sky, as it is now. From here, it might just seem as if the gargoyles were leaning forwards in anticipation.

The shadows, then. That it is, and nothing more.
HSAR
Gamer
Gamer

Shu Sam Chen

Postby Gereon » 18 May 2014, 21:41

My ravens, to even come to the gate the children have to cross the moat surrounding the castle, a deep gorge where even I have forgotten (or made myself forget? I cannot remember) what lies at its deep bottom, which is never reached by the sun's rays. How do they do this, since even the shadow of my trusted gargoyles can startle them?
Apologies for the delay.

Gereon
Deposed Leader
Deposed Leader

Gereon

Postby ixiharri54ixi » 08 Jun 2014, 20:13

The gorge, though deep, is not impassable the remains of a great stone bridge, long fallen into disrepair, span its deapths. The children passed across this their attention on not falling to the deapths below them and not upon those who watch from above.
ixiharri54ixi
I have my own dice
I have my own dice

Harri

Postby Gereon » 13 Jun 2014, 22:56

My ravens, if the gargoyles watch the children's every movement, and I have a implacable anger against the boy, should not the gargoyles themselves perceive them a threat and descend upon them? Yet you tell me they await them. Why would the gargoyles not do anything about an enemy of mine?

Gereon
Deposed Leader
Deposed Leader

Gereon

Postby phobiandarkmoon » 15 Jun 2014, 09:12

The ancient truce between Gargoyles and Snakepeople prevents them from attacking unless he offers violence first
Everybody has a secret world inside of them. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.
phobiandarkmoon
Committee of Yore
Committee of Yore

Nicholas Hayes

Postby ixiharri54ixi » 22 Jun 2014, 20:38

The gargoyles are no longer your creatrues, though they may be your creation.
ixiharri54ixi
I have my own dice
I have my own dice

Harri

Postby Gereon » 03 Oct 2014, 14:29

Sorry for having let this die. Shall I continue?

Gereon
Deposed Leader
Deposed Leader

Gereon

Postby ixiharri54ixi » 16 Oct 2014, 13:41

i would be interested in seeing where it goes.. but it does kinda look like it is just us posting >.> <.<
ixiharri54ixi
I have my own dice
I have my own dice

Harri

Return to Forum Games