EGM Saturday 6th December

This board is for society announcements. Only Committee can post here.

EGM Saturday 6th December

Postby articulatefish » 09 Dec 2014, 01:38

Vote for replacement CCG Officer took place, candidates votes;

Nicholas Huxtable: 39 (18 postal)
Re Open Nominations: 1

Nicholas Huxtable appointed for the position.

Additionally for those interested, here is the script of the presidential speech at the Christmas meal 2014 at the Cowherds:

Ladies, gentlemen, I begin this speech today with the special announcement that from now on Gamesoc will be holding a special gaming session on Mondays. This will only include the sexiest cats and dogs. Although, Tuesdays must be used only for ritual sacrifice, and occasionally, laundry. However, I feel congratulations must once again be retracted, due to the failure of the society to discover what in fact the fox says. But, in all likelihood, it is probably something a little like this; “All praise the Dark Lord! Bibble-bibble-wing, HE COMES”. To ensure his dark rule I will: Dogma Fission, all players return their hands and non-score cards. And everybody does the hop for the glory of our reptilian overlords, lest they tear open our chests and devour Shakespeare, who walked into a gay bar. Exit, pursued by a bear.
And so, it has come to this: Cthulhu awakens. Repeat ye sinners! On a lighter note, ten thousand voices cry out in pain, contrafibulatory the histerocracy with great ferocity! *deep sigh* Not this again. Great men have (note this item is sponsored) Rubik's cubes and Lego Garath Malone. This speech is brought to you by Nanotrasea, praise be unto them, and remember, salt sensors save lives. Who let my mother in here?! Sacrifice her to the elder gods! Blood for the blood god! Sheep for the sheep god! Aaah nooo it’s Ermintrude! Boing said Zebadee and time for bed…
But there was the kittens that nibbled the committee’s severed elbows from seven corpses, peppered with a light sprinkling of scotch eggs. The children! The children! LEEEEEEROOOOY JEEENKIINS!!! For it is better to have loved and let than to have walked a thousand miles for one of your bananas. I come from underhill and overhill and on certain paths I have tread….
I MUST STOP NOW TO DECLARE MY UNDYING LOVE FOR PUTIN. I dunno puuub?? They can take our lives, but they’ll never take our freedom. In summary, and indeed possibly wintery, Iä! Iä! I thank you for attending this auspicious event, in accordance with the prophecy. The elders of Gamesoc, to whose puppet strings I dance, would like you to know that the convocation proceeds as scheduled. Rendezvous at your designated “dog park”, do not look at the “dog park”. Cthulhu Fhtagn! We thank you for coming, see you in the new era. (Personally I find the whole thing rather disturbing).
And on the third day, God created games because he was a pretty swell guy.
articulatefish
President
President

Southampton

Re: EGM Saturday 6th December

Postby Nicko555 » 09 Dec 2014, 10:31

That one person that voted for RON. I will find you.
Nicko555
Card Games Liason Officer
Card Games Liason Officer

Re: EGM Saturday 6th December

Postby TikaKino » 09 Dec 2014, 17:55

Needs more ä rather than a in the Iä!, and it's Fhtagn, not Futagu. These things must be recorded properly for posterity / The New Era.

I would raid your post to make the changes myself, but you stinkin' newcomers honourable successors to the committee seem to have revoked my admin privileges.

Do you not *want* us to clown around behind your back pulling the strings and generally being antidemocratic or something? Honestly, what sort of example does that set? :P
The wizard's staff: if it survives being whacked with six feet of solid oak... then it's probably immune to magic, too.
TikaKino
Deposed Leader
Deposed Leader

Mikael Suominen

Return to Announcements