AGM 2015 Nominations Thread

A place where serious discussion of Society business (like what games to buy, how to run things etc) happens. All input welcome and encouraged.

AGM 2015 Nominations Thread

Postby Gereon » 21 Feb 2015, 15:10

If you want to nominate yourself, or anyone else, for a committee position for the academic year 2015/16, please do so preferably in this thread.

The details for the AGM on 14/03/15 can be found elsewhere.

There are three essential positions to fill:
  • Secretary
  • President
  • Treasurer

There are four non-essential positions to fill:
  • Events Secretary
  • Vice President
  • Collectible Card Games Representative
  • Webmaster

You can in theory stand for a position even though you are unable to participate in the AGM, though experience shows that it lowers your chances. If you stand for an essential position, you must be a student (and expect to be one for the duration of the year)! For non-essential positions, the constitution officially requires the same (if the position is described by the constitution at all).
Mo:X/Tu:L5R/We:X/Th:Μυθος/Fr:Scion/Sa:_/Su:X, _

Το πρόβλημα με τα εισαγωγικά στο διαδίκτυο είναι ότι ποτέ δεν μπορεί να ξέρει αν είναι γνήσια. – Plato
Gereon
Deposed Leader
Deposed Leader

Gereon

Re: AGM 2015 Nominations Thread

Postby DBD » 21 Feb 2015, 16:18

That's some mighty fine counting right there.
DBD
Dan BD,
former Supreme Overlord
DBD
Deposed Leader
Deposed Leader

Dan BD

Postby Tontonis » 21 Feb 2015, 18:45

We have redefined many things in our time. Pray we don't redefine anything further.
'What do you think of when you hear French? Romance. Italian? Lovers. Spanish? Seduction. German? Bratwurst and concentration camps. What can you do? '
Extranational artillery support. Bringing long-range radioactive doom since 2009.
Tontonis
Committee of Yore
Committee of Yore

Huggo Day

Postby articulatefish » 03 Mar 2015, 20:09

I nominate myself for the position of President of Game Society for the academic year of 2015/16, I will deliver my proper "speech" at the AGM itself but for those who don't know me I'm Michael Clarke and currently Secretary for Game Society, I'm a second year studying law going into my final year.
And on the third day, God created games because he was a pretty swell guy.
articulatefish
President
President

Southampton

Postby Nicko555 » 03 Mar 2015, 22:31

Hey everyone. My name is Nick Huxtable and I was the replacement CCG Officer for this year, I wish to rerun for the same position as I feel I am dedicated to promoting and increasing the diversity of CCGs in Gamesoc. I turn up very regularly to Gamesoc, on both Wednesdays and Saturdays and I am always available outside of Gamesoc to talk to about CCGs. I have helped several new players get into Magic: The Gathering and Yu Gi Oh as well as gathering interest in other CCGs, such as Duel Masters and Netrunner. I try to keep up to date with new releases for each CCG and feel like that, if asked, I can run or help organise events for several players.

I will be around at Gamesoc if you have any questions about me or CCGs.
Thanks, Nick.
Nicko555
Card Games Liason Officer
Card Games Liason Officer

Postby Ka-mi » 05 Mar 2015, 19:20

Greetings fellow GameSoc members, my name is Ka-ming Liu and I'm going to be running for the position of Treasurer as there seems to be a lack of interest in it.

I am a second year Physics student and GameSoc regular ( as in,Magic player who turns up almost every single session) and my plan mainly is to attempt to keep a better record of the society's finances as well as possibly to post on the forums the state of the society's finances at regular intervals for regular members to have a look at as well.

I'm welcome to any questions people may have, look for the guy with the Assam milk tea.
I'll show you my hand if you show me yours.
Ka-mi
Treasurer
Treasurer

Postby Beeswax » 06 Mar 2015, 16:50

I volunteer as tribute! My name is Tomas Marchington and I'm nominating myself for the position of Secretary.

I too am a second year student (studying Electromechanical Engineering), and I'd like to phase out the human committee members over the next year by replacing them with robots which will give me total control over the society. Failing this I'll resume the normal duties of Secretary which involve keeping meeting minutes, dealing with communications outside of the society, and maintaining a list of members.
Beeswax
Secretary
Secretary

Postby Turtleface » 07 Mar 2015, 23:34

I would like to run for Vice president. I am a first year student who regularly goes to Gamesoc on wednesday and saturdays called Luke. According to the previous VP the job involves being the butt of jokes and somewhere to dump blame.
Turtleface
Vice President
Vice President

Return to Society Business