Committee Meeting 12/02/2014

A place where serious discussion of Society business (like what games to buy, how to run things etc) happens. All input welcome and encouraged.

Committee Meeting 12/02/2014

Postby Gereon » 07 Mar 2014, 19:26

I'm sorry this comes so late. I've been busy, so have the others, which led to some problems due to other things having priority over us communicating well enough. All information is from then, updates in the footnotes.

  1. Risk Assessment: To fulfill our obligations with the Union, Eevie went to their risk assessment training on 05/02. Tom, Gereon and Eevie will fill in the risk assessment form on Saturday¹.
  2. Nationals: We know of two GMs, Mark and Gereon, and have 19 players on our list. We will ask everybody of them to confirm by Saturday, 15/02, if they need accomodation¹. Amber found 4 options, each around 30£ per person and night, incl. travelodge/holiday inn. Alex will get the list of locations from Amber and organize a preliminary booking to make sure¹, so that we can get stuff like deposit settled asap.
  3. Website As you probably know when you read this, our society has a shiny new committee-approved webmaster-tested hexagon-based layout, with relevant links and some gaps filled or plastered over.
  4. AGM: We shall have our AGM on Saturday, the 15th of March², collecting nominations up to and including the 8th March². While we have some people with interest in some of the positions, we still particularly need someone competent for treasurer and president (or secretary, if Gereon can be convinced to run for president). Gereon will work on a draft for a constitution change, so that we can enshrine the position of the CCG representative in law.
  5. Budget: A rough estimate of the society budget means we expect to be able to afford a good amount of new games in the near future, therefore the purchasing shall go forward. (Estimates include 2×7Wonders [1 for replacement to the owner of the copy we have currently borrowed], Carcasonne Big Box, Dominion expansions from Lewis if available, Dixit expansions, card sleeves and allocating money to support CCG draft events)

1) We didn't.
2) We shall have our AGM on Saturday, the 22nd of March, collecting nominations until 15th March.
Mo:X/Tu:L5R/We:X/Th:Μυθος/Fr:Scion/Sa:_/Su:X, _

Το πρόβλημα με τα εισαγωγικά στο διαδίκτυο είναι ότι ποτέ δεν μπορεί να ξέρει αν είναι γνήσια. – Plato
User avatar
Gereon
Deposed Leader
Deposed Leader
 
Posts: 627
Joined:
10 Oct 2011, 11:03
Real Name:
Gereon

Re: Committee Meeting 12/02/2014

Postby Gereon » 07 Mar 2014, 20:50

We suggest the following change to the constitution:
5. b) Committee wrote:[…]and threethe following additional committee members: […]
iv) Collectible Card Games Representative – The CCG Representative shall be responsible for organizing events for collectible card game play, in particular for play styles such as tournaments as are unsuitable at generic society meetings, and make sure the CCG players' interests are represented in the committee.
Mo:X/Tu:L5R/We:X/Th:Μυθος/Fr:Scion/Sa:_/Su:X, _

Το πρόβλημα με τα εισαγωγικά στο διαδίκτυο είναι ότι ποτέ δεν μπορεί να ξέρει αν είναι γνήσια. – Plato
User avatar
Gereon
Deposed Leader
Deposed Leader
 
Posts: 627
Joined:
10 Oct 2011, 11:03
Real Name:
Gereon


Return to Society Business

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron