EGM Invitation

A place where serious discussion of Society business (like what games to buy, how to run things etc) happens. All input welcome and encouraged.

EGM Invitation

Postby Gereon » 12 Nov 2013, 18:15

Ladies and Gentlemen,

There will be an official EGM held on Saturday, starting at 3:30 pm in the main GameSoc room, 34/3019. It will definitely be concerned with how to cater for the needs of the CCG players in the society.

There will be a GameSoc committee meeting tomorrow to prepare the EGM. As only decided subjects can be discussed at the EGM please come along tomorrow to mention to us any other subjects you would like brought up, as well as any ideas on the matters of CCG playing in GameSoc that would require some kind of preparation before the EGM.

The full written statement of the objects of the meeting will be published here tomorrow evening.

-- Gereon
(Secretary)

EGM — Extraordinary General Meeting
  1. An EGM can be called by the President, Secretary, or by written application of at least 6
    members of the society, together with a written statement of the objects for which the
    meeting is desired.
  2. If an EGM is called, the meeting should be held within 7 days, and at least 24 hours' notice
    must be given to all members.
  3. At the EGM, no business other than that specified in the written statement shall be
    discussed.
Mo:X/Tu:L5R/We:X/Th:Μυθος/Fr:Scion/Sa:_/Su:X, _

Το πρόβλημα με τα εισαγωγικά στο διαδίκτυο είναι ότι ποτέ δεν μπορεί να ξέρει αν είναι γνήσια. – Plato
Gereon
Deposed Leader
Deposed Leader

Gereon

Re: EGM Invitation

Postby Gereon » 14 Nov 2013, 22:43

We would like to see as many of you as possible for the EGM on Saturday, 16th November 2013, starting at 3:30 pm, in room 3019, building 34 (education) in order to discuss what we can do to improve the situation of CCG players.

The committee proposes to establish a position on committee to specifically represent the CCG players, in order to improve communications between CCG players and committee and to shorten the necessary steps needed for eg. organizing GameSoc CCG tournaments. The committee will also tell you what else they have found out or considered for supporting CCG play.

Expecting a by-election for such a committee position, we would also (in particular for bank account bureaucracy's sake) like to have a formal confirmation of the other committee members in their positions. For you to be able to give that with clear consciousness we will of course give a short report what we have been doing and what is about to be done.

The Agenda will therefore be:
  1. Measures for improvement of the CCG situation in GameSoc
  2. Vote on the motion of changing the constitution in order to establish the committee position of a CCG representative
  3. Short report and question time for the committee
  4. Committee vote of confidence and possibly new committee position election
-- Gereon
(Secretary)

Το πρόβλημα με τα εισαγωγικά στο διαδίκτυο είναι ότι ποτέ δεν μπορεί να ξέρει αν είναι γνήσια. – Plato
Gereon
Deposed Leader
Deposed Leader

Gereon

Postby Ptahtenen » 17 Nov 2013, 16:17

Any chance we could have minutes? (Or at the very least an update as to how things went?)

Sorry, would have been there, but only check the forums in advance of an RPG session, which for me is Sunday afternoons! It is possible to subscribe to the announcements forum, which I've now done (and anybody else can do by clicking here). Anybody know why the only forum I can't subscribe to is the events forum?
Ptahtenen
I have my own dice
I have my own dice

Darren Richardson

Postby Gereon » 18 Nov 2013, 00:31

Sure! We discussed the options the magic players have for getting their wish for more "proper" (eg. more competitive) and dedicated play fulfilled (Susu funding for competitions; CCGSoc, MagicSoc, Subcommittee in GameSoc, Committee position in GameSoc, talking to committee so they organize stuff) with all their advantages and disadvantages, and formally confirmed committee, detailed minutes will of course follow once I have managed to type tHem up.

Gereon
Deposed Leader
Deposed Leader

Gereon

Postby Gereon » 19 Nov 2013, 00:48

The minutes can now be found at viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3338&p=29965 in the Minutes forum.

Gereon
Deposed Leader
Deposed Leader

Gereon

Return to Society Business